Since 2005, over 250 coaches have been trained as part of the Leader Breakthru Coaching Skills & Certificate Program.
Here’s what one of our coaches has to say:
Take your leadership to a new level as you coach and develop those you lead.
Download Event Overview
The Leader Breakthru coaching philosophy and model integrates coaching skills and leadership development and is geared to help you coach the person, instead of just the problem. The coaching issues often lead the conversation back to the person.
Leader Breakthru’s IDEA Coaching Pathway provides a four-step guide to an impactful coaching conversation, integrating the core coaching skills to see personal breakthrough in those you coach.
Leader Breakthru’s Coaching Skills & Certificate program is an experiential training series for those who want to develop a coaching practice and/or better incorporate coaching skills into their ministry. Participants will increase their understanding and proficiency in the ICF (International Coaching Federation) Core Competencies, develop a framework for using coaching skills to develop leaders, and gain practical experience in coaching and being coached. ...Read more about fulfilling the ICF Core Competencies
The Coaching Skills & Certificate program consists of three parts:
Training, Part One
- 8 training modules (28 hours of live training)
- 4 teleclasses (8 hours of face-to-face online training)
Training, Part Two
- Review of 18 online coaching modules (8 hours)
- Practical coaching experience (16 hours of client coaching)
Training, Part Three
- A 2-hour, final session with the lead instructor, providing a comprehensive personal assessment and next steps.
- Certificate and access to the Coach's Back-Office (Resources)
This training is offered through a series of delivery platforms: on-site training, live face-to-face teleclasses, online training sessions (webinars) and Skype coaching.
Learning objectives for the Coaching Skills & Certificate program:
- Define the role, behavior, and skills of a coach.
- Establish trust and presence when seeking to identify with a coaching client and build a coaching relationship.
- Review and practice key coaching skills: active listening, expanding through open questions, focusing around the issues and needs of the client, and empowering them through action steps and goals.
- Gain proficiency in the use of key advanced coaching skills: inquiring, assessing, challenging and forwarding.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and core sequence of the IDEA coaching pathway.
- Combine coaching skills with personal development to facilitate increased personal breakthrough.
- Demonstrate confidence and proficiency during four supervised coaching appointments/calls.
- Offer and deliver coaching appointments, packages and series of coaching appointments that facilitate a leader’s personal breakthrough.
Days 1 & 2
- Module 1: Defining Coaching
- Module 2: Active Listening: Coaching Presence & Trust
- Module 3: Listening 201: Identifying Core Desire
- Module 4: Powerful Questions: The Power of Discover
- Module 5: Creating Awareness: Leadership Development
- Module 6: Direct Communication: Evaluating The Options
- Module 7: Deciding to Act: SMART Action Steps
- Module 8: Accountability: Empowering those You Coach
Days 3 & 4
- Module 1: Coaching & Development
- Module 2: Identifying the Person
- Module 3: Advanced Listening: Assessing
- Module 4: Powerful Questions: Coaching Angles
- Module 5: Direct Communication: Challenging Self-Limiting Beliefs
- Module 6: Evaluating Options: Challenging Part 2
- Module 7: Ethical Guidelies, Agreements & Next Steps
- Module 8: Forwarding Action: Beyond Coaching
- Dr. Terry Walling—Founder of Leader Breakthru, Trainer, Mentor & Coach–ACC
- Dr. Anita Stadler—Executive Coach, Northup-Gruman–PCC
- Dr. Kim Zovak—Strategic & Executive Coach–PCC
- Steve Hopkins—Leader Breakthru Certified Coach, Leadership Development Practitioner/Trainer
- Dan Nold—Leader Breakthru Certified Coach, Teacher & Church Consultant
The Leader Breakthru Coaching Skills & Certificate Program is offered at sites throughout the United States. Each year, consistent trainings are offered in Columbus, Ohio, State College, Pennsylvania and La Jolla, California.
Dates for the upcoming events, and additional events in other locations, can be found at the bottom of this page and on the Leader Breakthru calendar of events. Currently, training is only offered in English. There are no pre-requistites, though it is expected all participants have a context and relationships where they will be able to practice the skills during the program.
A Certifcate of Completion will be awarded upon full completion of all requirements, including attendance at all training sessions, submission of all homework and completion of 16-client coaching hours.
Payments must be paid in full before the first session of the training. Early Bird discounts are offered and end one month before the event start date. Refunds of fees are offered on or before 30-days prior to the event. Other refunds or transfer of dates may be granted on a case-by-case basis for those with extenuating circumstances.
Ready to become a Leader Breakthru Certified Coach? Choose one of the two paths below for aquiring your Coach Certificate:
Path #1: If you have not attended the Coaching Skills Training
Path #2: If you have attended the Coaching Skills Training
Register and attend only the last two-days of the 2+2 / Coach Certificate Training event. By completing the final two-days of the Coach Certificate Training (and post-workshop tele-classes and coaching feedback) you will have successfully acquired your Leader Breakthru Coach Certificate. (Note: If you select Path #2, please make sure you have attended your Two-Day Coaching Skills Training with one of our Approved Two-Day Coaching Skills Trainers).
Upcoming Two-Day Coach Certificate Training events
February 27-28, 2019 — Oklahoma City, OK. Register Now
June 6-7, 2019 — La Jolla, CA. Register Now